APAC 3PM and Logistics buyer
Assistant Procurement Manager - 3rd Party Manufacturer & Logistic
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
About the position
As part of Asia Pacific Procurement team, the primary purpose of this position is to manage 3rd Party Manufacturing and Logistics categories in supporting business objectives.
This mandate will be accomplished through maintaining the commercial relationships with current 3rd Party Manufacturers, new 3PM sourcing, managing strategic projects, leveraging current supplier base, budget & value creation (cost savings), and contract negotiation/execution
Key Responsibility Areas:
Sourcing Strategies & Market Analysis
- Develop and Manage Relationships
- Negotiate and Finalize Contracts
- Manage Projects and partner with R&D, Marketing, Finance, Ops, and other business partners to successfully launch or transition products under tight timelines
- Ensure 3PM partners adhere to Upfield safety and quality requirements.
- Improve customer service performance of co-manufactures
- Represent 3PM on outsourcing, launches, run strategy, project and innovation teams as necessary
- Collaboration with Supply Planning, and Logistics Teams on total supply chain cost and efficiency improvements
- Actively maintain strong understanding of category dynamics (current market, pricing, cost drivers, industry and supplier variables) through trade groups, publications, etc. and communicates changes to business stakeholders
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management Program to improve partner performance, establish best quality, collaboration, and value creation
- Develop SLA’s and Scorecards
- Monitor and track KPIs and other performance related data
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs to select 3PM and 3PL partners and suppliers
- Analyze the proposals and make recommendations to key internal stake holders
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders teams by providing key insight on current services and capabilities to meet economic feasibility.
- Participate in project implementation by respecting the budgets / schedules / Upfield standards quality, using the appropriate tools.
- Continuously monitor, review and communicate the project status
- Establish the budget, track variances and manage risks for respective area through work with Finance and Key Stakeholders
- Identify Value Creation projects to create savings opportunities, validate with finance, seek and attain buy-in for these projects, build budget with other functions, realize and track savings
Skills and Experience Required:
- Higher professional education / university degree
- Proven and relevant track record in 3rd Party Manufacturing and 3rd Party Logistics Procurement for at least 5 years within a multinational environment
- Experience on large-scale change management projects and in international assignments is a plus
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Enjoy working in a hybrid and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
- This role is part of the Asia Pacific Procurement team reporting directly to the Asia Pacific Regional Procurement Manager
- Internal: Procurement Global and AMEA teams, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Legal teams
- Travel for 3PM site visits within Asia Pacific, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements (min 30%)
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge. We ensure job adverts are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other personal characteristic.