Head of Supply Chain Finance for North America
The Head of Supply Chain Finance is an active member of the North American Supply Chain Leadership team. He / She will demonstrate a strategic thinking to proactively seeking opportunities with partners to evaluate value creation opportunities. His / Her ability and energy to challenge both Supply Chain and Market business partners will drive the success in the role.
- Coordinate the analysis, forecast, optimization of Cost of Good produced and sold across NAM, in collaboration with NAM Supply Chain management and Finance (Supply Chain finance teams ie. FP&A and Procurement Finance, NAM Regional and Local finance teams)
- There are 2 factories (1 in the US and 1 in Canada) under the responsibility of this person. 5 FTE (factory controllers as well as performance management controllers) are also reporting to the this person.
- Leadership and development of the Finance teams in NAM is under the responsibility of this person
- Performance management of NAM factories with leading factory controllers
- Guiding and challenging the delivery of the business plan and value creation actions
- Partnering for the NAM Supply Chain leadership team and providing decision support for the applicable topics
- Development of financial models to support continues improvement of the factory performance
- Supporting capital investments or other ad hoc business proposals as needed
- To play a key role in strategy, business plan and general site issues
- Work closely with NAM SC Finance team on factory results
- Leading for the logistics cost performance management agenda as a finance business partner
- Establish logistics reporting and forecasting, cost controlling
- Driving cost reduction agenda through
- Provide financial support for improving the logistics forecast accuracy through understanding of cost drivers/ flows
- Controlling Business Waste performance delivery
- Establishing controls for managing business waste
Supply Chain Overheads
- Supply Chain Overheads Controlling
- Managing overheads through budgeting, controlling, reporting
- Working on cost reduction initiatives together with supply chain and procurement teams
- Providing financial support for NAM sourcing strategy
- Working with supply chain teams for supply chain projects
- Working for supply chain finance requirements of the new SAP design and implementation
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent
- 10+ years of controlling experience as well as in business partnering roles (interacting with business partners in supply chain and finance)
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines
- Excellent analytical, reporting writing and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure
- Strong leader experienced in working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Managing teams remotely who are based in different locations
- Flexible and open minded, quick to adapt to changing requirements
- SAP savvy and PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.