Head Of Finance
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Care and Passion define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant-based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastics by 2025.
From the outside we might look like a traditional business, but inside our marketing is on a rocket ship to insurgency and that’s why we need YOU!
Head of Finance South LatAm:
Based in Colombia
Being a key member of the Latin America markets leadership team, you will provide leadership in all aspects of finance, investments and capital allocation, risk management, accounting, and corporate governance. You will work closely with the Head of Ecuador/Colombia/Brazil and South Cone, in addition to ensure proper management of the finance, tax, treasury and planning function. This role is vital in providing financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy to grow the business.
Finance leader with end-to-end ownership for Finance function across South LATAM. Responsible for business delivery (market share, Turnover, Profit, Cash), embedding a robust controls environment and developing Finance talent.
Your Main Responsibilities: -
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Market Share, Net Sales & Operating Profit, Cash & Working Capital)
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
- Drive robust cost control and embed Return of Investment approach
- Working knowledge of supply costs to drive strategy with Supply Chain business partners and interface with local Sourcing Unit Controller to understand cost trends and Capital investment requirements
- Active cash management to manage business Working Capital and Free Cash Flow delivery
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes
Business Controls & Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
Core Business Processes
- Manage Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Local Tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with any local advisers
- Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
- Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers. Drive adherence to contracts to realize business value
- Manage local statutory insurance program
Talent Management & Development
- Recruit, retain and develop talent
- Contribute to global Finance function agenda, with a focus on improving capabilities that can be leveraged locally
Skills, experience and qualifications: -
- Professional Accounting qualification and solid reporting and control skill-set
- Commercial business partnering experience with proven ability to deliver results
- Experience of direct line management
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience managing different countries in the latam region, preferably in South America.
- Strong leadership, strategic influencing and communication skills
- Delivery-focused with a high degree of ownership
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Drive, energy and passion for developing business and financial processes and capabilities
- Fluent in English a must
- At least 10 years’ work experience in finance
- Experience in FMCG required
- Full understanding of the finance function, end-to-end experience, factory management and understanding of the food industry across the region
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 95 countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!