Industrial Electrician (442A or 309A)
Location: 10 Craig Street, Brantford, ON
Shift: All Shifts Available
Pay Rate: $42/hr
Must be certified: 442A and or 309A
About the Role!
We are looking for Industrial Electricians to join our new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility located in Brantford.
The Electrician is proactive; responsible for troubleshooting, preventative and overall maintenance and repair of process and production equipment. Candidates will be working straight shifts (days, afternoons or nights) and overtime as needed.
You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work for a globally recognized plant-based food leader and a major new employer in the Brantford community!
- Ensure all work is managed in such a way as to adhere to the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a food manufacturing facility.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust electrical equipment including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors and relays.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting electronic system faults.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Maintain close communication with other employees (Mechanics, Packaging Technicians, Process Operators, Refrigeration Technicians, etc.).
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating CMMS.
- Ensure compliance to all plant safety rules.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
- Support quality and food safety programs including HACCP and FSCC-22000.
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma and an Industrial Electrician (442A and or 309A) Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Industrial Electrician preferably in a food manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred – Safety First mentality!
- Strong problem solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
- Strong sense of teamwork with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents relating to the job, function or assignment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 floater days per year
- Generous pension plan eligible after 6 months. All employees receive contributions of 4% of earnings from Upfield plus we will match employee amounts between 1% to 5%!
- Benefits eligibility on day one (a portion of premiums paid by employee)
- Flex spending account for health and wellness
- Tuition assistance for career development
- $42 per hour pay rate
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Afternoon shift premium $1.00/hour, night shift premium $1.25/hour
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.