Location: Onsite New Century, KS
Salary: Up to 85K, 10% bonus structure
Shift: Night Shift, 12 hour rotations
You'll be responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework.
About the Position
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets for the designated shift.
- Provide direct supervision of hourly union employees to include: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Driving Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality culture by protecting employee’s health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regard to safety procedures and supporting plant EHS and Quality initiatives as required.
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behaviour of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Utilize Dayforce System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews consistently and accurately.
- Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Investigate and identify root cause of Safety, Quality and environmental incidents utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
You motivate and drive improvement in a union environment through strong communication (both verbal and written). As Production Supervisor, you'll already have at least 3 years' experience in a supervisory role at a manufacturing facility. Having had learned many skills though your WCM, SHE, Quality, GMP trainings, you'll also be able to mentor and coach your hourly direct reports as well as build relationships with multiple stakeholders. Your bachelor's degree will carry your ability to improve and grow professionally at Upfield.
If this position sounds interesting please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We would like to receive your application before December 1st, the first stage of the process would be a video interview with the HR Specialist at New Century, Denise Brandt.
Upfield is an employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge. We ensure job adverts are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other personal characteristic.