Engineering Operations Manager
Location: Kleve, Germany
About the position
As a member from the Global Engineering team the Engineering Operations Manager supports the E2E delivery of multiple capital projects across various Upfield sourcing sites in a sustainable, standardised cost-conscious manner to drive value for the business. The Engineering Operations Manager reports to the Head of Engineering Europe and is part of the Factory Leadership Team.
As a member of a project team, the role will be responsible to collaborate with other functions from an engineering perspective on the Concept Development, Feasibility Check, Front End Engineering Design and Detail Engineering Designs, Installation and commissioning of the plant.
The Engineering Operations Manager will be responsible to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with a strong focus on construction safety, quality, and Engineering standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work independently to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the Global or Regional Lead Engineer
- Create the technical installation clear standards.
- Ensure professional project execution at Factories and Sites with strong stakeholder engagement
- Support project teams in assessing the feasibility and technical viability of capex projects working with cross functional teams and contractors where applicable to define the brief, understand work scope, costs requirements, alternatives and defining viable timelines.
- To Develop Concept, building business cases FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need, bearing in mind local requirements, legal requirements and constraints and the need to standardise equipment across the Upfield network.
- Create with the local team clear project scope, with agreed functionalities (process, cleaning, maintenance), reception protocols
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule as input to the FEED report.
- Execute the project ensuring strict adherence to schedule and budget (Capex, invoicing, cash out phasing)
- Manage on-site construction and installations by contractors whilst ensuring compliance with Upfield Construction and Quality Standards.
- To ensure technical commissioning and compliance with FAT and SAT performance criteria’s
- Technical training and hand over to the factory team
- Support end user with project integration (technical documentation, spare parts lists, service kits and maintenance contracts)
- Very close cooperation with site leadership team to define project expected effects on plant KPIs and proper local team integration during the execution and handover.
- Clear communication with planning team in regard to planned standstills or running process interruptions.
- Cooperation with selected contractors, lead technical scope and participate in the commercial alignments.
So, what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Professional Engineering Skills (Educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline)
- 5-6 Years’ experience of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry
- Project Management experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver projects to a high engineering standard.
- Engineering Design Process Management (Working Knowledge)
- Project Delivery (All sub skills - Fully Operational)
- Maintenance Principles and Best practice, TPM standards understanding (Working Knowledge)
- Contract Management & Conflict Resolution (Fully Operational)
- Budget Management (Fully Operational)
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel / Power Point and Word
- Participation in safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Participation in 3D model reviews and functionality verification
- Working knowledge on Engineering software – AutoCAD or equivalent and Agile Knowledge on unit operations like, distillation, filtration, heat transfer etc. Design of heat exchangers, pumps specifications, hydraulics calculations.
- Fluent German and English language skills are mandatory
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! If you have additional questions, you can send myself, Caroline Weinberg, a WhatsApp message on +31 6 21688577.
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before November 30th. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with me, or in the case of a Marketing / Sales position as a part of the process will be an assessment before the Video interview.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.