Inventory Analyst Co-Op (Jan. 2023)
Location: Brantford, ON, Canada
Schedule: On-site 8 hour shifts
As the Inventory Analyst, you'll be responsible for providing support and performing duties necessary to ensure inventory is accurate and physical or system errors are corrected, optimizing inventory systems, using Excel and other Business Systems i.e., SAP.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Interpret and maintain data on logistics elements, such as supply chain management, strategic sourcing/distribution, and transportation
- Develop and maintain models for logistics uses, such as inventory discrepancies
- Create and Modify Stock Transfer Orders
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, maintain inventory of supplies and integrity
- Assist in managing stock inventory of raw material packaging based on transfers between 3rd party logistics and site
- Process returns of materials when production is complete
- Support warehousing/inventory process improvements
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes
- Support Waste analysis across plant
- Close collaboration with the planning team- to ensure that required materials are on-site
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in college/university
- Strong level of analytical skills and mathematical ability
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel (Excel Expert)
- Business systems (SAP)
- Self-starter: task oriented with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- May spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer
- Excellent interpersonal, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with employees in a courteous and professional manner
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skill
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.