Senior Financial Accountant
Are you ready to take full ownership of the financial accounting and work with your colleagues on taking our Financial operations to the next level in Europe? Looking forward to work with our marketing and sales organizations? Then the position of this financial Accountant might be your new role.
Location: Hungary Budapest
Hybrid: 3 days a week in office
About the role
As a Senior Financial Accountant you will be one of members of the market unit finance team performing the finance control activities, and driving process improvements for the local marketing & sales organisation. There are also key working relationships that need to be established & maintained across the group especially with the shared services group, tax, treasury and the outsource provider Capgemini. There will be work required to produce Statutory accounts for the legal entity in line with the reporting deadlines in the country.
- Keeping accounting books according to local and international standards (IFRS)
- Coordination of preparation of statutory accounts according to Hungarian Accounting Standards
- Settlement of taxes and review the periodic and annual tax declarations and reports on: CIT, VAT, other taxes and fees, Intrastat etc. Conducting and controlling settlements with banks, suppliers, recipients.
- Protection of tax compliance in collaboration with tax experts
- Manage intercompany reconciliations.
- Manage and coordinate the annual external audit process and tax inspections
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
You will receive a lot of responsibility, therefor we do ask at least 5 years of experience within a finance position (within an accounting firm and in-house preferably) and a Master’s degree in Administration, finance or accountancy and a Registered Charted Accountant qualification. In order to directly contribute to the structuring and optimization of the processes, work experience with SAP (S4) or another ERP system. Furthermore
- in-depth knowledge of accounting, treasury and tax rules and processes in Hungary
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Quick adaptor to new technology tools and processes
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Hungarian
You work delivery-focussed with a high degree of ownership and a positive, growth mindset. You easily built relationships on cross-functional level and with both internal and external stakeholders. All this while keeping your eye for detail, can-do mentality and good timing skills.
So whats next?
Please apply below, or if you have additional questions just send me an email (Gwenn.Kocken@Upfield.com)
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways.
Gwenn Kocken, Talent Acquisition Specialist a.i., Upfield
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
So, that is a little more about you, but what about us?
When joining Upfield, you will join a young and passionate team. This is shown in their unconditional delivery mindset, each day. You will love working within this team with your service minded and can-go mentality.
As a company, we are young, growing and operating in a hectic environment. We are working hard on our purpose, as we do believe in ‘a better plant-based future’, and our products can make the difference delivering this product. You preferably have some experience working in a dynamic and chaotic environment, as this will help you being successful within Upfield.
To be successful in Upfield, you are a self-starter, you work independent, and you easily connect with your colleagues across Europe. You are resilience and can manage and navigate through change and uncertainty. You bring an insurgent mindset and passion to identify and deliver profitable, growth opportunities