Interim Head of Brands - Health & Wellbeing (9 months)
Location: Amsterdam, The Valley
About the position
This is a maternity leave cover for our Head of Brands - Health & Welnness. In this role you will shape the growth strategy for the Health & Wellbeing Brands like Becel, Flora, Pro-activ, Latta and more. You define the corresponding communication strategies, create content and brand and campaign assets for regional and clusters of local power brands in close partnership with the countries we operate in!
- Crafting and rolling out a European Vision of Health & Wellness brands to ensure growth & strategic alignment with the European Strategic Plan and key transformational projects.
- Monitor the performance of the brand cluster in NS & GM
- Defines role of Health & Wellbeing portfolio strategy & brands ensuring relevance to local consumers’ needs, as well as the business and local market contexts.
- Shapes Health & Wellbeing identity as a new platform, defines communication strategy for brand clusters, create content and campaign assets for regional and clusters of local power brands in close partnership with countries. Provides support to local brands asset development through guidance.
- Partners with Health & Wellbeing brands cluster countries across Europe to work together for best-in-class execution by pioneering new ways of marketing and engaging consumers through superior advertising & activation. using data-driven marketing and excellent consumer insight to be locally relevant, culturally resonant, and faster than competition.
- Defines the Health and wellbeing product portfolio and innovation pipeline, in close collaboration with the Head of Portfolio and Innovation
- Defines and creates compelling central content on common themes around health, Cholesterol lowering, hearth health, occasions & seasonal events or naturality / better butter in close partnership with countries.
- Leads design masters of packaging for master brands in cluster providing cues & guidelines across Health & Wellbeing
- Liaises with internal and external agencies and internal stakeholders to design communication campaigns, regional activation materials for the category/brands that are consistent, effective, and appropriate for the target audience.
- Develops the right partnerships to build our health credibility (Heart foundation, nutritionists, …) steering the nutrition team.
- Monitors and tracks market trends across Europe, keeping up to date with consumer markets and competitors as well as tracking European marketing campaigns KPIs and ROI.
- Pioneers & works in close collaboration with the countries to raise the bar for better and impact of marketing across Europe using data-driven marketing and excellent consumer insights to be locally relevant, culturally resonant, and faster than competition in everything we do.
So, what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Strong marketing acumen with more than 10-15 years’ experience working with a global company and working with global customers/counterparts in different cultures
- Solid global / regional marketing experience as well as strong local marketing background
- Proven track record of driving strategic and operational change, delivering improved business and P&L performance
- Deep knowledge of Marketing Laws of Growth.
- Excelling Strategic thinking & Storytelling
- Strong Influencing skills in a matrix organizations & Ability to work remotely across international geographies and teams
- Prior experience managing and building a team highly preferred
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills to drive relevant and critical initiatives
- Excellent consumer & customer understanding
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! If you have additional questions, you can send myself, Caroline Weinberg, a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before February 3rd. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with me, or in the case of a Marketing / Sales position as a part of the process will be an assessment before the Video interview.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.