Location: On-site at 433 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, NJ
About the position
The Logistics Analyst has a key role on the Supply Chain team. In this role you will be part of the US Logistics team and will be responsible for executing the logistics tasks in transportation and warehouse for the Upfield business. Furthermore, you will monitor performance of the Upfield shipments through our logistics network and will identify opportunities in cost, service, and quality.
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
Your role will consist of supporting 2 branches:
1. Transportation – You will be responsible for analyzing all the primary, secondary, and CPU transportation tasks for Upfield through our distribution network
▪ Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly tracking of various transportation metrics
▪ Gather data to support QBR
▪ Support an annual RQP process
Invoice & Billing Support:
▪ Ensuring carrier’s invoices are accurately submitted on time
▪ Investigating any outstanding invoice disputes
▪ Fuel calculation
▪ Claims investigation and management
▪ Lead weekly team meeting to review previous week’s performance or any additional open topics
▪ Act as a resource to help support other team members throughout the Supply Chain team
2. Warehousing – You will be responsible ensuring all inventory control standards are executed appropriately at our NC Warehouse and our 3PLs network
▪ Monitor daily, weekly, monthly, yearly tracking of various warehouse/3PL metrics to ensure they uphold the Upfield Global and Local standards
▪ Reviewing monthly performance on inventory accuracy, capacity, and on time shipping and delivery
▪ Monitor stock in transit and develop metric to keep a strong pulse on this
You will also be responsible for monitoring and manually correcting inventory movements for any 3PLs not connected to Upfield by EDI
▪ You will support the business waste management process through inventory reporting and communication with Upfield DCs regarding inventory DCN status, liquidations, and disposals
▪ Monitor all direct customer shipments and take appropriate steps in SAP to complete order processing and signal invoicing
▪ You will help ensure that forward logistics terms for customers are executed according to standard – for example, CPU on time, ordering sizes and frequency in line with agreed terms.
▪ You will partner with the Upfield Planning lead to ensure that the logistics network is ready to support future forecast and new initiative pipelines
What do you need to bring to the table?
Understanding of inventory control principles. Experience in transportation planning or 3PL governance. Experience in invoice reconciliation. Excellent analytical skills and ability to turn insights into action. Strong sense of ownership. Solid SAP (e.g., APO IBP) experience. Extensive MS Office (e.g., Excel) experience.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before February 1, 2023. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with me, or in the case of a Marketing / Sales position as a part of the process will be an assessment before the Video interview.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.