National Key Account Manager - Foodservice
London, UK (Remote)
As we enter into another very exciting period for Violife Professional due to internal promotions, we are looking to expand further the End User commercial chains team. Reporting into the Channel Controller, The National Key Account Manager – Commercial Chains, VPro UKI, is a key member of the sales team who participates in designing, implementing and tracking the company growth plans within the commercial food service chain and manufacturing sectors.
This is an external customer facing role and success requires a detailed knowledge of and connection to the UKI foodservice (OOH) / food manufacturing industry. Extensive experience in working with major branded high street Pub/Restaurant/QSR chains is essential, with further experience of working with major players in the manufacturing industry supplying major retail multiples desirable.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of success in the UK Food Service sector, along with an extensive customer network within the sector. Our customers range from the traditional wholesale route to market, through small independent operators, and some of the leading foods brands on the high street. We also have a fast-growing business that supplies select ingredients to the manufacturing base of the major retail mult’s.
- Identify a targeted business development pipeline across the Pub/Restaurant/QSR & Manufacturing sectors
- Skilled in prioritisation, able to provide clear direction to the channel team on the key business development opportunities
- Full autonomy for commercial decision making within existing customer portfolio and new business pipeline, passing on CPI in line with market, FX & raw material fluctuations as they occur.
- The drive to manage each new business opportunity end to end, to ensure an unrivalled experience of Violife Professional for the customer.
- Full customer specific P&L responsibility for both existing customer base and new business opportunities
- Facilitate the trading relationship between key foodservice channel customer base through providing development of customer relationships up to a senior level and support the team to engage with new customers
- Foster a culture of cross functional working experience, taking time to gain a deep understanding your colleagues needs, in order to achieve the common goal of a seamless experience for our customers
Key skills & experience
- Extended & relevant contacts and experience working with a variety of UK National Pub/Restaurant/QSR Chain customers in the UK essential
- You will have a very positive attitude, are able to influence and convince, as well as see and seize opportunities when they present themselves
- A proven track record of excellent commercial, strategic and sales skills
- Experience of working with major players in the manufacturing industry desirable
- Relevant industry connections to build an extensive and costed 3-year business development pipeline
- A passion for and high-level knowledge of food and the foodservice industry
- Experience negotiating, process and deriving insight from customer and industry data
- Self-starter, knows what needs to be done and how to make it happen at pace
About Violife Professional (VPro)
VPro is the professional side of our Upfield business – servicing both our Foodservice and Food Manufacturing customers. We are a key part of the VPro global network, and as the largest market, we are expected to play a leading role - with quality of our planning, delivery, and pace of execution. It is our people that makes VPro a fun place to be. Our team have a great blend of experience and thrive on the autonomy they have to make things happen. It’s fast paced - full of challenges – but lots of fun!
If this position sounds interesting please hit the apply button now! If you have additional questions you can send me, Milou, a whatsapp message on +31 615697958.
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We would like to receive your application before February 1st , the first stage of the process will be a Video interview with myself.