Global Export & Customs Specialist (Amsterdam)
Are you passionate about cross-border logistics and trade compliance? Are you interested in taking a leading role in our Global Export Logistics Team? As our Global Exports & Customs specialist you act as the main POC both internally and externally for global import and export procedures.
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About the position
In this role you will provide guidance and advice to ensure all international logistics flows are compliant with local regulations. You will support the operations of all export flows out of EU from factory to destination, to ensure a seamless flow from order to delivery. You will also support the daily operations of export logistics in collaboration with local cross functional teams and 3PLs to deliver on time and within budget.
So what are the key objectives / projects you will deliver in the first year?
- Monitor performance of logistics key performance indicators.
- Monitor logistics spend budget and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- You will manage and support the correct export administration relating to tariff codes, country specific export codes, and FTA's origin calculations.
- Ensure compliant use of trade agreements and customs procedures to deliver Global Export Team goals.
- Act as an advisor for Upfield with Customs authorities to secure compliant operating procedures in line with local government requirements.
- Support the design and implementation of cost effective and compliant export lanes.
- Implement an internal audit for continuous compliance with all custom’s regulatory requirements and support with the export reporting processes for global shipments.
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
Maybe you have worked in a similar role for the past 4 to 7 years working with cross-border logistics subject to customs controls. Customs documentation across regions comes naturally to you. You have a good understanding of commodity codes, classification, export licenses and what it takes to maintain them. You are analytical and you have have the ability to understand financial implications of export flows.
You have a bachelor level education or equivalent and ideally you have a certification in customs or trade compliance.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We are happy to receive your application. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with our Talent team.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.