Regional Packaging R&D Assistant Manager (Location: Corlu or İstanbul)
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
Regional Packaging R&D Assistant Manager
Location: Corlu or İstanbul
Reporting Line: Head of R&D NAMET
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. In Poland, we’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Delma and Flora that people know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
The appointment of an experienced and forward thinking Packaging R&D Assistant Manager is key to supporting our ambitious development and growth plans.
Through the initiation and delivery of key innovation projects and improvement initiatives you will be responsible for delivering real competitive advantage for the business.
As an integral part of the Research and Development team, the job holder will be working in challenging packaging projects, focused on sustainability, quality, operational performance, cost and customer value .
You will be fully conversant with the latest packaging technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the business and our customers .
Key Responsibility Areas
- As being part of the regional R&D team, act as single point of contact in the region for all packaging development & deployment activities in coordination with global R&D and business teams.
- To manage and deliver end to end packaging projects which will devise and support the short and long term packaging road map.
- Responsible to manage projects that will drive margin improvement whilst ensuring the ongoing compliance of the packaging portfolio.
- Work in partnership with a wide range of internal partners; Marketing, Supply, Sales, Procurement, Global R&D and Quality along with key external partners, to effectively drive the packaging projects.
- To deliver the content of technical specifications for all packaging components developed in a project.
- Support the Global Packaging Director, being the representative of the region to drive new packaging platforms and packaging projects as an integral part of respective category/brand pipelines.
- To comply with the Upfield Code of Business Principles and all SHE and QA policies, including the support of product claims, risk management and environmental awareness
- Following, inspecting and evaluating consumers, customers, new packaging technologies and competitors in the market
- Leading the data management process and maintenance of higher order specifications in coordination with the product development team for all projects.
Skills and Experience Required
- University degree in engineering ; preferrably chemical, food, industrial or mechanical engineering background
- 3+ years of experience in Packaging R&D, SC or QA roles related to packaging with considerable experience in packaging development/deployment.
- Experience in FMCG is a plus.
- Fluency of Turkish and English.
- Ability to create and maintain packaging specification
- Fully skilled to manage subject linked to packaging food safe regulations
- Understand principles of packing machine and can conduct packing line trials
- Ability to perform transport test and create report
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories, an openness to change and challenge, as well as ability to think differently and unconventionally.
- Extensive experience in overseeing packaging / products in market, maintaining and growing existing base business, as well as driving productivity and cost optimization
- Proven track record of delivering significant challenge packaging projects within an FMCG environment.
- Strong understanding of the product development process, including management of key partners; design and engineering consultancies, toolmakers, and material converters.
- Highly agile, both in ability to respond to cultural, societal and industry trends, as well as ability to effectively understand and respond to the needs of a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding and passion for all areas of packaging from trends and creative innovation, to execution and maintenance.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
If this position sounds interesting please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge. We ensure job adverts are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other personal characteristic.