Head of Factory
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
Head of Factory
Location: Corlu (Onsite)
Reporting Line: Regional Operations Director Africa Middle East Asia
The Head of Factory will be responsible for the manufacturing site, managing the day-to-day operations of the factory whilst driving continuous improvement and leading the implementation of the central supply chain strategic agenda.
The role requires individuals with a high level of leadership acumen, coupled with a proven background of achieving excellent results across Employee Engagement, OEE, Cost, Quality and Safety.
The Head of Factory will have accountability for:
- 200 people; 4 direct reports,
- Production volumes of 120k tons
- Working at both a strategic and operational level the role holder will identify and deliver production process improvement in the factory to meet or exceed key performance indicators, whilst ensuring systems are in place to deliver product in accordance with customer speciﬁcations.
- Work closely with your site management team to maintain eﬀective cost controls across the sites, whilst delivering cost competitive production to the business and improving OEE.
- Provide a safe workplace for employees and compliance to local, state, and governmental safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance to Food Safety and GMP standards
- Supervise and co-ordinate the response to factory legal issues, product compliance and management of change.
- People and organization culture development at all levels of the organization
The Upﬁeld Supply Chain team aspires to be ‘World Class’ and the Head of Factory will be expected to develop the site leadership team to develop robust, leading-edge systems and work processes on their site.
Skills & Experience
- Industrial background > 10 years of work experience in manufacturing operations.
- Experience in a highly automated production environment and in the food industry.
- Experience in high technology: high speed filling & packing, automated batch making systems, robot material handling.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with organized labor, multi shift patterns, 5 day and 7-day 24-hour operations.
- Wide experience in people management.
- Fluent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English.
- Local labor legislation and quality system regulations experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a multi-national organization / environment; ability to work in decentralized matrix organization.
- Good project management experience.
- People development / talent management / succession planning.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
If this position sounds interesting please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We would like to receive your application before (20.02.23), the first stage of the process will be a phone interview.
Upfield is an employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge. We ensure job adverts are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other personal characteristic.