Manufacturing Environmental, Health & Safety Lead
Location: On-site at 10 Craig Street, Brantford
About the position
You must have previous experience working at a manufacturing facility within the EHS scope. This is not an occupational EHS role.
As the Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Lead you will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the site in charge establishing strong working relationships with site leadership team and employees in order to foster an EHS culture of excellence. The site EHS manager supports and facilitates the implementation of EHS management system designed to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and ensures the business keeps in front of leading practices in health, workplace and behavioral safety, environment, and security.
- Implement an environment, health and safety management system based Upfield Global programs.
- Support safety leadership development and act as a coach on the behavior-based program
- Ensure the site maintains Up To Date environment operating permits and link with 3rd parties as needed,
- In collaboration with the site team, complete annual review of Health, Safety and environment program and advises on EHS site-specific plans by gathering and presenting information such as data on accident history, and audit results/findings, and maintaining information in the EHS database.
- Oversee incident reporting and investigation process and facilitate, root cause analysis and the development of effective action plans for incidents as needed and act as a coach for leaders on the process.
- Advise on CAPEX projects and conduct reviews to ensure EHS aspects are integrated to the scope of work.
- Review and follow up with site leadership to ensure corporate programs are implemented and action plans are executed.
- Prepare and conduct periodic occupational health and safety sites audits and ensure that all corrective actions are executed.
- Supports the delivery of selected EHS training
- Conduct regulation follow-up, analysis, and work with the site to ensure compliance.
- Oversee the wastewater treatment plant performance and provide guidance to address non-compliances
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
· Sound knowledge on environmental, health and safety management (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
· Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
· Knowledge of wastewater treatment plants.
· Excellent teamwork, Communication, Interpersonal and influencing Skills - able to work with leadership teams at different sites and other stakeholders across Canada to achieve project goals.
· Good knowledge of the major risks such as machine safety, lockout/tagout, confined space, powered industrial trucks, work at Height, chemical management, and ergonomics.
· Good knowledge of major environment risks.
· Training in incident investigation and root cause is an asset.
· Knowledge of laws, regulations, theory and case law on safety and the Association of Canadian Standards (CSA). Updated knowledge of changes and innovations in Environment, health and safety.
· Strong Analytical Thinker - collect, understand, and interpret information in order to make recommendations for improving policies or procedures.
· Technological Skills – strong working knowledge of systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Time Management Skills - ability to balance and prioritize numerous deadlines with excellent organizational skills.
· Attention to Detail – ability to maintain the integrity of the data but ensuring its accuracy and presenting it in a clear and concise manner.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before February 1, 2023. You will receive an email notification once we have reviewed your application with next steps.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.