Lab Quality Analyst
Location: 27080 159th St, New Century, KS 66031
Salary range: Up to $55,000/year, OT eligible
About the position
The Lab Quality Analyst will use analytical and sensory methods to evaluate products at the time of manufacture. The role will interface with Production to function as a technical resource for quality requirements, assist in trouble shooting and production improvement investigations, as well as implementation of corrective actions applied.
This is a salaried, non-exempt role.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Review of laboratory SOP’s and assists in updating, creating and organizing as needed
- Take ownership of based programs (Calibration, Document Control…)
- Conduct routine and as-needed inspection and testing of various packaging and raw materials being used to manufacture Margarine and Spread products
- Microbiological testing on intermediate & finished product
- Participation in Quality Strategy teams and activities
- Perform capability sampling and projects
- Perform GMP and internal audits
- Conduct shift quality training (CRQS, Freeweigh, GMP…)
- Ensure appropriate records, documents and reports are completed as required
- Product specification controls: analyze product taste, moisture, salt, pH and sorbate presence
- Make adjustments/communicate with batchers as necessary based on analytical results
- Packaging quality control: appearance, fill, code dates
- Ensure necessary corrections are made and that non-conforming goods is place on hold
- Verify QC records are in order and filed accordingly
- Collect samples for micro analysis using proper Good Laboratory Procedure (GLP); utilizing Petri-film/pour agar methods
- Conduct micro analysis on aqueous phases, finished product
- Ensure the fill control of Line products is in compliance with standards
- Verify line operators are complying with the fill policies
- Assist operators in learning FreeWeigh system, trouble shooting, system administration
- Assist in managing SOP’s related to laboratory activities, line testing and microbiological analysis
- Maintain proper document control for lab related documents
- Use MS Office and other current software for documentation, data entry and analysis
Root Cause Analysis:
- Participate in/learn to independently lead Quality Root Cause Analyses with small production teams
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a 5S/ clean and safe work environment
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Degree required; Bachelor’s preferred. Related experience required for non-degreed applicants
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience, in a Quality or Lab environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and together with other employees, to have experience with analytical methods
- It is desired to have experience in lab analytical methods, handling lab chemicals, understand food industry safety and GMP, Micro sampling, using Access database, and handling scale equipment
- Can operate on days, off-shifts and weekends as factory requirements demand
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits starting day 1: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, PTO, Local and Regional Referral Bonus.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before April 3, 2023.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.