Culinary Chef Egypt
Culinary Chef Egypt
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Reports to (role): Head of Sales - Middle East & North Africa
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Violife , Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
About the Role
We need a culinary superstar to win customers and convert them to our plant based portfolio of Creams, Butter, cheeses and spreads.
We’re looking for someone with experience cooking professionally. You’ll bring the skills, creativity and knowledge of food which can inspire and educate our customers and our distributor team. You’ll earn their trust because of this extensive and valuable experience. This is a role for someone with passion not only for being in the kitchen and providing culinary knowledge, which means leading workshops with key chefs in Egypt on monthly basis.
We are serious about product quality, so frequent benchmarking and performance assessments will be high on the agenda. Providing monthly reporting on product performance vs competition on key dishes and applications.
Showcasing & Training
You will be the face of our market leading culinary content – including recipe videos and product showcases. We produce a lot of content, so you’ll need to bring the ideas and ability to create fantastic applications for our portfolio - from great cakes to stunning inspiration for dinners both in and out of home. Experience of contemporary food styling is a must!
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most exciting food businesses in the world - our customers. These include global QSRs, global food service leaders and local entrepreneurial HoReCa customers. You’ll be responsible for working together with their development teams to create dishes with our portfolio. You’ll also lead the charge in keeping our full team at the cutting edge of all things culinary. We’re serious about knowing our products inside and out, and you will be responsible for making sure were the best in the business in terms of culinary knowledge and training.
- Meet customers daily to convert them to our plant based and blended portfolio of products of spreads, butters, cheeses and creams
- Travel Egypt extensively to meet with Distributors, Sales teams and customers to educate them on Plant Based food and the benefits of it.
- Design menus for key accounts and implement them with a time frame pre-determined by management
- Be the culinary and technical expert in our full retail and food service portfolio.
- Support our customer development teams with culinary showcases for our customers.
- Provide customer technical support and developing product solutions.
- Be a core member of all innovation projects in MENA.
- Support (and deliver) compelling culinary content for all our advertising – which will include appearing in social media videos and tutorials.
- Support our technical teams in the testing of product functionality and claims.
- Running Quarterly Trade shows to showcase our products and win new customers
- Responsible for increasing number of customers and the size of basket per customer
- Head of Sales MENA
- Food Service Sales & Marketing teams within Upfield and the appointed Distributor
- The Upfield technical and nutritional team
- Customer Development teams – and our customers.
- The international community of Upfield Chefs
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of converting customers
- Professional calibre culinary skills. This will likely mean experience cooking at high level in professional kitchens
- Technical experience in developing tailored product solutions.
- Experience leading culinary training sessions with qualified cooks & chefs.
- Working knowledge of business operations (front and back of house) and operator commercial decision making.
- Experience in recipe development and food showcases to major customers.
- Experience in plant-based cooking is desirable.
- Highly developed skills in sweet and savory baking.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.