AMEA IT Business Lead
AMEA IT Business Lead
Location: BSD, Tangerang Selatan
About the position
This role is to truly understand and influence the IT needs and priorities of our AMEA business and our global HR, Legal & Corporate Affairs functions through business engagement, and to ensure their delivery.
Create improved business outcomes through the use of IT, effective use of IT resources to meet business needs, generating increased confidence & trust in IT by ensuring AMEA business & HR/Legal/Corporate Affairs operate effectively, improve and grow our business.
Manage the relationship between IT and key business stakeholders in the region, be seen as the ‘single face of IT’ and liaise between central IT and Regional stakeholder.
Key Business Stakeholders include
AMEA - Regional President (based In Dubai) and others with AMEA business regional scope, plus General Managers of AMEA* Markets and their directs.
*Pakistan, India, Srilanka, Turkey, Kenya, Indonesia & Australia
HR/Legal/Corporate Affairs – Chief People & Organisation Officer (based UK) and their HR related directs, General Counsel (based Netherlands) and their directs, Chief Corporate Affairs & Communications Officer (based UK) and their directs.
Operate effectively through the use of IT
- Ensure delivery of global & local IT services to meet business needs
- Ensure management of IT related business risks (Cyber, BCM/DR etc)
- Enable optimising of IT run costs (global & local)
- Manage key business stakeholders & users expectations of IT
- Ensure central IT teams provided with business area understanding &/or contacts as needed, and vice versa
Improve & grow our business through the use of IT
- Ensure identification & delivery of changes to IT services to meet business needs
- Help business to wisely invest in IT enabled business change
- Help business and IT to wisely develop aligned strategies/roadmaps for IT enabled business change
- Help business and IT to wisely exploit IT enabled business innovation
Effective engagement with business & HR/Legal/Corporate Affairs
- Builds long-term relationships with key business stakeholders and their teams
- Advocates for business areas in IT, and vice versa
Drive delivery of Business outcomes in AMEA markets liaising
- Help set their annual objectives ensuring European regional objectives are clear.
- Guide and advise them on achievement of European regional objectives, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Strong communicator with language pertinent to business area
- Knowledgeable in business area
- Located in/near business area key stakeholder timezone (+/- 3 hours)
- Cultural fit in business area
- Strong breadth of IT knowledge pertinent to markets (business opportunity focused)
- Financial acumen
- Integrity & loyalty
- 10+ years experience in IT leadership roles with blue chip company (FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services preferred)
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or Science (or equivalent)
- IT project delivery experience
- Natural leader
- Customer service focused
- Very personable
- Masters or other advanced education in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or Science (or equivalent)
- Some or all of ITIL, COBIT, PRINCE2, Agile, PMP, MSP, Cyber Security qualifications
As colleague, you would match to Upfield when you are working flexible and open-minded, you quickly adapt to changing requirements and you have strong communication and report writing skills. You also have a strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, are good team player and you can meet multiple stretching deadlines. For this role, Integrity and loyalty is a must in order to succeed and we are looking for a natural leader.
For this role, we are looking for someone living in Jakarta. We do not provide a relocation package.
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before 31st May 2023. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with me, or in the case of a Marketing / Sales position as a part of the process will be an assessment before the Video interview.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.