Maintenance Mechanic (433A) 3PM-11PM
Hiring for a 433A Certified Maintenance Mechanic!
Location: 10 Craig Street, Brantford, ON
Hourly Rate: $43.89/hr + $1.00/hr shift premium
Shift: Straight afternoon shift 3pm-11pm
About the position
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanics to join our new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility located in Brantford.
The Maintenance Mechanic is proactive; responsible for troubleshooting, preventative and overall maintenance, repair of process and production equipment. Candidates will be working straight shifts (days, afternoons or nights) and overtime as needed.
You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work for a globally recognized plant-based food leader and a major new employer in the Brantford community!
- Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust plant equipment and production support equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating SAP maintenance system.
- Secure machine safety guards and ensure all work is managed following the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility.
- Support quality and food safety programs via FSSC 22000 and HACCP.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 floater days per year
- Generous pension plan eligible after 6 months. All employees receive contributions of 4% of earnings from Upfield plus we will match employee amounts between 1% to 5%!
- Benefits eligibility on day one (a portion of premiums paid by employee)
- Flex spending account for health and wellness
- Tuition assistance for career development
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Afternoon shift premium $1.00/hour, night shift premium $1.25/hour
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma and Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate (433A) required.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Industrial Millwright required; 5+ years’ experience and Food Manufacturing plant experience ideal.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred – Safety First mentality!
- Electromechanical (sensors, drives, HMI, etc.) working knowledge is a plus.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now