Product Technologist Plant Creams
Are you an energetic person with a passion to develop food that consumers will love and who will bring new ideas to the business? And do you want to work for the global leader in plant-based nutrition in a dynamic environment?
Hybrid, with regular traveling to our manufacturing site ~1 hour
About the position
You will be part of the global product development team developing plant creams. Running projects in a multidisciplinary environment with reporting line to a Technical Project Leader. Your direct colleagues will be from marketing, supply chain, quality, etc. The Global R&D team is located in a brand-new building on the food campus in Wageningen.
Our Upfield mission is to make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based food that is good for you and for our planet; free from plastic focus. For this specific role it directly translates to: create the best taste and functionality creams for our consumers.
In this role you will lead the development of new technologies to deliver the innovation pipeline for plant creams, with a focus on processing.
So what are the key objectives / projects you will deliver in the first year?
- Develop robust formulation and process window for plant creams on pilot and factory scale.
- Industrialize the new formulations and process conditions to factory scale
- Build deep understanding of interactions between ingredients, unit operations and process stability
- Build a comprehensive library capturing physical-chemical, in culinary applications, sensory aspects and shelf-life of the products. You will be responsible for data collection and analysis of results.
- Write product/process specifications in line with quality and consumer safety requirements and manufacturing capabilities.
So what does it take to be successful in this role?
- You have bachelor, or masters in Food technology, Food processing, Chemical engineering, or similar areas.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience with UHT, emulsion and processing technology.
- You are a self-starter who can work independently in eg. factory trials.
- You can propose, execute and report back a plan of action based on a specific technology need.
- Fluid in English, able to communicate in German is a pre
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! If you have additional questions, you can send myself, Andre Vleeming, an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand your resume might not be up to date, we recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
We prefer to receive your application before Monday 8th of May. The first stage of the process will be a Video interview with me.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now