Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Onsite at 10 Craig Street, Brantford, ON
Salary range: Up to $100K, CAD
About the position
As Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, you will manage and control the maintenance function in the plant and be responsible for all associated technical issues.
You will provide supervision of the maintenance area including all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems, management and control of all maintenance costs, management of parts, stockroom organization and inventory control, implementation and maintenance of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). The objective is to act as a support function to production to minimize line downtime, assist with process and operation, and improve operational efficiency.
You will work alongside an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory or leadership role required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment; food manufacturing ideal but not required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and CMMS systems required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Can operate on days, off-shifts and weekends as factory requirements demand.
- Must be lawfully able to work in Canada. Our firm is currently unable to sponsor candidates.
About the Role!
- Supervise the Maintenance function and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner. Troubleshoot plant and equipment. Supervise maintenance staff directly.
- Set up, maintain and be responsible for PM systems, inspection routines, inventory control, job scheduling, staff training, identification of plant impro
- vement plans including efficiency and yield.
- Control Maintenance expenditure in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for plant repairs, resources, direct labor, overtime and contractors.
- Organize and control spare parts inventory.
- Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately and at the appropriate time.
- Champion World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exits within the department.
We understand your resume might not be up to date, apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to build an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not hit all the requirements which are stated in the description, we really encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge. We ensure job adverts are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other personal characteristic.
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now