Finance Operations Specialist
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
About the position
The Finance Operations Specialist position is within the LATAM South Market Finance team, where you will report to the LATAM South Finance Operations Manager, who reports to the South LATAM CFO.
As a Financial Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with accounting and tax processes; you will work with multidisciplinary teams from accounting, tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, FP&A, legal, and regional teams, for the correct compliance and presentation of financial statements under IFRS standards and control of the company's tax compliance.
You will supervise the work of accounting and tax outsourcings, coordinate the control processes and submission of requested information, as well as lead savings strategies for the company.
Your main responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly tax information for tax returns in South Latam, support in the doubts presented by the team in charge of the preparation.
- Follow-up and control of tax filing and payment for South Latam (coordination of activities with Regional Treasury for payments).
- Monthly review of tax documents issued in accounting, electronic invoicing platform and tax authority for Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- Prepare and upload accounting records for Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Colombia and Ecuador.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts and review of Income Statement figures for Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Paraguay and Peru.
- Revision and elaboration of Financial Statement notes for countries that are subject to audit Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay.
So, what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Education: Accounting (desired)
- Two years of experience in similar positions
- Strong accounting and tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Excel, SAP, Power BI (plus), preferably multi-country
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- High numerical capacity
- Strategic business vision
- English proficiency
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now!
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now