Business Development Chef
We are looking for a Business Development Chef, to unlock culinary opportunities for Violife Professionals in Finland! In this role, you'll get the opportunity to combine your passion for food and your sales skills, to further develop our Plant-Based food portfolio in the B2B market.
Reporting into the End user Channel Controller, the Business Development Chef, is a key member of the sales team who participates in the designing and implementation of customer focused plant-based culinary solutions and sales, for both the commercial food service chain, manufacturing sectors and public services like schools and hospitals.
This is both an internal and external customer facing role, and success requires on-trend culinary knowledge and the ability to bring this to life, as you will be responsible for a portfolio of customers. Extensive experience in working within the hospitality industry is required, with further experience of working with major players in the manufacturing and catering industry is desirable.
Our customers range from the traditional wholesale route to market, through small independent operators, and some of the leading foods brands in the hospitality sector and on the high street. We also have a fast-growing business that supplies select ingredients to the manufacturing base of the major retail multiples.
- Preparation for and fronting of the culinary aspect of external events and trade shows, which are aimed at driving usage of Upfield’s product range through their suitability and versatility in specific target markets.
- Fronting up and running of knowledgeable and inspirational culinary education sessions for key customers, both to enhance appreciation of Upfield’s product range and versatility, and drive sales growth.
- Understand by key customer, their menu cycles, how they are built and costed and how we can influence their menus for the best return on the time invested.
- Monitor and follow through each piece of activity, with the sales team to understand the impact and uplift of sales and give recommendations on which activities to focus on.
Key Skills & Experience
- Extended & relevant culinary experience working with a variety of Commercial & Public customers.
- Ability to take insights & develop inspiring culinary sales solutions.
- You will have a very positive attitude, are able to influence & convince and are able to see and seize opportunities when they present themselves.
- A passion for, & high-level of knowledge of food and the foodservice industry.
- An articulate self-starter: knows what needs to be done and how to make it happen at pace.
- Knowledge of commercial, strategic & sales skills.
- Proficiency of English language in speaking and writing.
It is our people that makes Violife Professionals a fun place to be. Our team have a great blend of experience and thrive on the autonomy they have, to make things happen. It’s fast paced - full of challenges – but lots of fun!
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! If you have additional questions, you can send me, Milou van Regteren a WhatsApp message on +31 615697958.
The deadline to apply is the 24th of May.
We understand your resume might not be up to date and recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not meet all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now