Packaging Technician (Night Shift)
Location: 10 Craig Street, Brantford , Ontario
Shift: 11:00 PM to 7:00AM
About the position
The Packaging Technician is to work safely by observing all safety rules, including proper utilization of lock out tag out. The Packaging Technician works under the direction of the Production Supervisors for the Manufacturing Department. Responsible for all aspects of line operation including CIP, Change- Overs, Lubrication and Troubleshooting according to an established procedure, at a set pace while adhering to all safety regulations. Inspects product and completes required quality checks and necessary forms.
• Inspect product according to quality standards.
• Check ingredient and total product weights and adjust the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards.
• Troubleshoot production issues as required. For serious abnormalities liaise with maintenance or Supervisors to ensure timely resolution.
• Manage changeovers as necessary, including work requiring use of basic hand tools.
• Monitor points of lubrication throughout line and address issues as needed.
• Maintain a high degree of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with GMP Standards.
• Perform SPC functions (weight/quality checks) as indicated on quality check sheets to ensure product is maintained within standards.
• Ensure adequate material supply is on the line at all times (i.e. tubs, lids, foil, glue, etc.) and that all machines are properly loaded.
• Clean case coder printing heads and replenish coder ink as required.
• Clean and sanitize the line as needed and during changeovers.
• Ensure that all machines safety guards are in place and operational.
• Move packaging material as required using a walkie stacker.
• Other on-going activities include leading 5s activities and helping push forward the overall TPM agenda. Working on focused improvements and being an active member of a cell team responsible for the overall safety, quality, waste and efficiency of a set of lines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment required; food production environment preferred.
• GMP and HACCP knowledge
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well within a team environment.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! We will review your resume and get in touch with for screening and interviews.
Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not meet all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.
Upfield publishes 2022 Financial & ESG summary
Global leader in plant-based foods has transformed products, platform and performanceView Now