The S’more you eat, the better you feel. Try plant-based for Christmas
Plant-based eating is spreading, and it has never been easier! We are becoming increasingly aware of the effect our diet has on our health and the planet. Using a plant-based spread can not only elevate the taste but also make your meals and favourite treats healthier.
This Christmas, treat yourself to Butter From Another Mother to make your celebrations better for you and better for mother earth. Enjoy!
- 120g Flora Original
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 125g whole oats
- 65g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- 6 giant marshmallows (can be vegan)
- 100g 70% chocolate, melted
- Use a blender to blitz the flour with the oats, making a coarse mix. Add the Flora, caster sugar and baking powder and blitz again. First, add 1 tbsp of the milk, and if the dough doesn’t seem to come fully together with a couple of pulses in the blender, add the second tbsp.*
- Tip onto a surface and briefly kneed, just to bring together, wrap in cling film and flatten into a disk. Chill in the fridge for 30mins. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll the disk between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper, until the thickness of a pound coin. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out 12 biscuits, transfer to the lined baking tray bake for 15 mins. Set aside to cool and firm up.
- When ready to serve, heat the grill to high. Place 6 of the biscuits on a baking tray. Top each with a marshmallow and put under the grill. Watch the marshmallow melt and start to char, then remove from the oven and squish one of the other biscuits on top. Take each biscuit and dip into the melted chocolate, then place on a wire rack, (on top of a line tray to catch the drips!), whilst you repeat with the rest. Devour whilst still gooey!