Trusted since 1871
We have been the authority in the spreads category since 1871. We have unmatched experience and know-how. Some of our brands have been around for over 100 years. Some are brand new. All are constantly evolving. We are pushing the boundaries of product design, finding innovative ways to use natural ingredients to create healthy, delicious plant-based foods.
Good food starts with natural and simple ingredients. That’s why we proudly fill our spreads with a majority of plant-based ingredients. Flora cares that you and your loved ones enjoy tasty meals. For breakfast, lunch, dinner and all that falls in between. For the long car trips, the picnics and the garden parties. For him, for her, for you and for them. Flora is here for everyone.
Violife is a range of award-winning vegan products made from coconut oil. All Violife products are free from dairy, preservatives, casein, lactose, gluten, nuts and soya. Violife comes from the Greek word “Vios”, which means “life”. So it’s actually life squared – live life to the full! Violife brings people together by making food for everyone. Violife is 100% vegan and 100% delicious – you don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy it.
Country Crock is slow-churned in Kansas to bring that familiar creamy country fresh taste to your table. Our spread contains only real, simple ingredients – never anything artificial – so you can feel good about using it for your family every day. Country Crock is mom’s ally in making food that she feels great about serving to her family.
ProActiv stands for cholersterol lowering. ProActiv products contain plant sterols which have been clinically proven to lower your levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Plant sterols can be found naturally occurring in plants, nuts and seeds. The ProActiv range was developed to promote heart health without compromising on taste.
Rama is a global brand with a long history. Originating from Germany, Rama is one of the biggest brands in plant based margarines in Europe as well as being present in Russia, Turkey and Colombia. Rama offers a wide range of products like plant based margarines, liquid margarines, baking margarines and plant based creams. Rama is used for spreading, cooking, whipping, baking and helps consumers to prepare great tasting meals for their families & friends.
Blue Band spread has been carefully made for the growth and development of children and can be an important part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Blue Band is a blend of selected pure vegetable healthy fats and important vitamins that deliver essential fats to the body – which the body requires for growth and development but cannot produce.
Food is nothing without great flavour, so we are proud to bring you a 100% plant-based alternative that does everything dairy butter can do, is better for the planet* and, crucially, has that delicious buttery taste. You really can boot dairy butter out of your diet with Flora Plant. From beautiful bakes and cakes to hearty fry-ups, creamy risottos and good old buttered toast, it does it all, but with a lighter carbon footprint and therefore a lighter conscience.
*For more information go to: www.flora.com/en-gb/floraplant/sustainability/carbon-footprint
Roasted harissa cauliflower with orzo
If you have never tried roasted cauliflower before, you are in for a treat! Roasting really does take this humble vegetable to another level. It goes brilliantly with the harissa topping and the orzo pasta to make an easy to prepare delicious and light vegan
feast, which provides 389 calories per serving.
- 1 medium cauliflower (approx. 800g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus another 1 tsp
- 1 red onion
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g orzo pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 60g Flora Light
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas mark 7.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and chop it into medium-sized florets. Transfer the cauliflower to a
large roasting dish. Mix it with 1 tbsp olive oil, making sure to coat it all over. Put it into the oven and set
a timer for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the orzo and sauce. Peel and chop the red onion and add to a large
frying pan along with 1 tsp olive oil. Fry for approximately 3 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the can of tomatoes, drained chickpeas, crushed garlic, the orzo and an extra half can of water. Season with
plenty of black pepper. Allow to simmer over a low heat, stirring regularly. Add another half to a full can of
water bit by bit when the liquid has been absorbed, until the pasta has cooked through, in approximately 25-30
- As the orzo is cooking, turn the cauliflower in the roasting dish and put back into the oven.
- Mix the Flora Light and the harissa. When the cauliflower is cooked through and browned, take it out of the oven
and dot the harissa mix on top of the roasted cauliflower. Stir thoroughly in the dish to coat the cauliflower
- Check the pasta is cooked and serve with the cauliflower on top of the orzo.
Nutrition information per serving: Energy 1634kJ/ 389kcal, Fat 11.3g, of which Saturated Fat 2.0g, Carbohydrates 51.2g, of which Sugars 13.3g, Fibre 8.9g, Protein 16.2g, Salt 0.46g.
Winter Fruit Pie
It goes brilliantly with the harissa topping and the orzo pasta to make an easy to prepare delicious and light vegan feast, which provides 389 calories per serving.
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 Violife Creamy Original
- 2 small avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- I tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 g agar agar powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Lemon zest
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- 150g Vegan chocolate biscuits
- 120g plant-based butter or margarine, melted
- 50g desiccated coconut
FOR THE COCONUT WHIP:
- Coconut cream (only the top part), refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp maple syrup
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 2 Plums, sliced thinly
- 2 Apples, sliced thinly
- 2 Pears, sliced thinly
To make the tart crust, place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until finely chopped. Remove from the blender and place in a greased 23 cm tart tin. Use a spoon to spread the crust equally in the tart tin.
Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
In a mixer beat the Violife Creamy Original with the avocado, cinnamon and lemon zest, until creamy and smooth.
Meanwhile in a medium pot heat the coconut cream and pour inside the agar agar powder, mixing constantly. Pour in the Creamy mixture, mixing until combined and pour into the chilled tart base.
Bake for 2 hours at 180°C.
To make the coconut whipped cream whisk the hard part of the coconut cream until it forms the desired texture and add vanilla extract and maple syrup.
When the tart has cooled use the sliced fruits to decorate. You can create lines or shapes of your liking. Use a piping bag to decorate with the coconut whip.
Oat & Almond Granola Bars
There’s nothing that we don’t love about these Oat & Almond Granola Bars. This recipe is so easy to make, it’s plant-based and gluten-free. We used date syrup to give these bars a rich color and flavor, but maple syrups works as well. You can customize this Granola Bar recipe to use your favorite nuts and dried fruits. Make a batch or two and store in an air tight container for those times you need a quick breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup date syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until top appears set and it’s golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into 12 bars.
Vegetarian courgette burgers with orange carrot salad
Barbecues don’t have to be dull for vegetarians! These courgette and chickpea burgers are a delicious option, served with a fresh orange carrot salad to give the dish an extra lift.
- 120 grams chickpeas drained
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp Flora Original
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 200 grams courgette
- 300 grams carrots
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsps coriander finely chopped
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 wholemeal rolls
- 2 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 20 gram Flora ProActiv Light
- Rinse the chickpeas in a sieve and drain well. Peel and quarter the onion. Put the onion with a knob of Flora Original and some black pepper in a piece of foil. Grate the courgette coarsely.
- Peel the carrot and grate it ﬁnely. Thinly grate the orange peel and squeeze the fruit. Spoon the zest and juice with 2 tbsp of the coriander and black pepper into the grated carrot. Wash the lettuce, pat the leaves dry and cut them into strips.
- Place the onion bundles on a piping hot barbecue, or directly between the coals. Grill the bundles for about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp Flora Original and fry the courgette on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder. Take off the heat. Blitz the chickpeas in a food processor. Add the yolk and mix brieﬂy. Spoon the chickpea mixture into the courgette mixture with the rest of the coriander and season with black pepper. Form 2 burgers.
- Place the burgers on the barbecue and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Cut the rolls open and spread them with Flora ProActiv Light. Divide the lettuce over the rolls, place the burgers on top, followed by the grilled onions and ketchup. Serve the rolls with the carrot salad on the side.
For over 30 years, people have enjoyed the great tasting products from LÄTTA. The natural ingredients such as rapeseed and buttermilk contribute to its great light and fresh taste. Swedish in origin, the word “Lätt” in Swedish means “light” and from the beginning, has been a part of a healthy and active lifestyle. Our LÄTTA products are primarily sold in Sweden and Germany.
Our Bertolli spreads are full of flavour. Made using our finest olive oil they contain less saturated fat than dairy butter and are created with a touch of the Mediterranean sunshine. The result is a flavour so vibrant you can bring the Mediterranean to your table. Bertolli is perfect to spread over crusty bread, for pan-frying and delicious melted over vegetables.
Elmlea is a delicious alternative to full dairy cream and is available in a range of variants, catering for all lifestyles and tastes. Elmlea Double & Single are a blend of dairy and plant oils that stay fresher for longer, Elmlea Lights are lower in fat than dairy cream and our new addition Elmlea Plant is a delicious 100% dairy free cream alternative, suitable for vegans. Elmlea is incredibly versatile, perfect for whipping into desserts, pouring over puddings, or stirring into savoury sauces. Elmlea stays fresher for longer, with over double the shelf life of dairy cream.
Fruit d’Or only selects the best of nature: we use the best flowers, seeds and nuts in order to extract the best oils to offer tasty and healthy products. Thanks to our expertise, we have selected sunflower, rapeseed and linseed oils to create a unique and natural combination.
Fruit d’Or margarines are naturally rich in Omega 3 and good for your heart. At Fruit d’Or, just like our sunflowers, we choose to look on the bright side of life.
ProActiv Life – our platform of proven nutritional products with plant sterols to actively lower cholesterol in a natural way or with vitamins and minerals to support the immune system, easy to integrate into daily routines, seamlessly supporting passion for life and living – For a ProActiv Life.
Planta Fin, is your family’s gourmet ally. It is renowned for its unique formulation, both for its delicate, fresh taste, yet smooth creamy texture. Rich in vitamins A and D, low in fat and made from 100% vegetable oils, Planta Fin’s compositions are created with the help of nutritionists to contribute to the healthy balance of nutrition for your whole family. Planta Fin makes life easier because it is so versatile: Whether on toast, in cooking, baking, pastry, topping your dishes or simply as a savory flavoring. Planta Fin’s balanced and delicious recipes can be enjoyed with all your meals.
Upfield Professional is our food service business serving the restaurant, hotel, bakery, and canteen industry. Our chefs develop ingredients, products and services that help professionals create delicious food, and manage the complexity and budget constraints of modern catering.View our Professional Products