Master Data Specialist
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company operating in 95 markets with more than 30bn consumer touch points with our products every year. Still, we have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Purpose of Job:
The Master Data Specialist will be responsible for creation, extension, maintenance and termination of Master Data in respective systems.
The position will be thoroughly knowledgeable about all aspects of the S/4 HANA, SAP PLM, MDG and other related systems used for Master Data Management. Will also take part in designing, developing, testing, deployment and maintenance of data processing solutions to enhance the respective systems.
- Based on the input provided by data requestors create, extend, maintain or terminate material master data for all material types in respective systems
- Ensure the delivery of high quality master data which meets the requirements of our internal and external customers, taking into account the global standards
- Coordinate material creation process to assure master data is produced on time and in full
- Inform requestors and data users about status of material workflow
- Support Material Workflow users in creating material master data. Provide guidance or training to improve efficiency of material creation process
- Perform User Acceptance Tests for new developments in respective systems
- Create or update existing documentation and training materials related to Master Data Management process
- Actively work on improving process and tools used for Master Data Management
- Analyze and troubleshoot system issues reported by data users
- Provide regular reports regarding master data quality and workflow performance
Contacts (who works with me to deliver outputs):
- Customers: SU, MCO, P&I, Category, R&D, Procurement, SC Accounting
- Systems developers
- Systems implementation project teams
- Systems Support Teams
Skills & Competencies
- Support the Brand Managers in driving a profitable brand and product portfolio;
- Connect with our fantastic Sales Team in Spain and Portugal to support growth for Upfield and the Customer;
- Drive communication and accountability with our media partners;
- Analysis of brand metrics: Nielsen, Kantar and others.
- Demonstrated experience with SAP R/3 or S4/HANA (preferred) required
- Must be bilingual in Spanish (written and spoken)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Demonstrated experience of being precise and accurate with projects and deliverables
- Able to set up Material Master Data, Bills of Materials, and Routings
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA / macros) is desirable.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of B2B business, and would like to join us, apply online and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.