South Greece Area Manager (based in Crete)
We are Upfield Professional, the global experts in plant butters, creams and oils. We believe in great tasting plant-based alternatives to everything Dairy. Upfield chefs develop ingredients, products and services that help Professionals: prepare delicious food which delights their customers, manage the complexity and budget constraints of modern catering – meeting the needs for consistency, efficiency, safety, and health – without compromising on taste. With more than 100 years of heritage and the most trusted brands in the industry, Upfield Professional is all about being good for the planet and doing good for the business of Professionals.
The South Greece Area Manager is responsible for building and maintaining business relations and sales to Foodservice Channel. You will manage timeline & execution of NPD & customer portfolio report to our Foodservice manager. You work closely with various departments across organization (Marketing, Product Development, Supply Chain and other European resources).
- Full responsibility of the territory
- Develop and implement the appropriate market strategy within the respective area.
- Management for distributors and operators in the territory of responsibility
- Improving the Distributors’ and operators’ performance.
- Managing defined distributors and penetrating new accounts, entering new markets and growing market shares.
- Negotiating prices, monitoring collections, following reporting, organising of Distributor’s training.
- Manage trade investments within all agreed parameters.
- Closely following the Market developments, by analysing the competitors’ actions, conducting market research and applying/proposing relevant actions.
- Secure agreement of commercial plans and execution of key priorities.
- Key Account management of all-important customers, operators.
- P&L of Key Accounts, operators, Distributors.
- Constantly seeking for new sales opportunities.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred, Graduate or MBA degree will be an asset
- Three to five years of experience in foodservice area, especially in Hotels channel
- Established network in the industry
- Excellent social competencies, respect and understanding of diverse cultures and languages for relationship building
- Knowledge of applicable software programs to communicate via email and develop activity memos, reports, and spreadsheets
- Keen understanding of financial issues relating to sales and profit. Must be able to analyze and solve problems with a financial perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills in Greek and English (Lower degree required, Proficiency a plus)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Driving license and extensive travelling ability is a prerequisite
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Please apply with your cv and motivation letter in English. Do you have questions about the role , you can contact our Recruiter on +31 6466 128 29 or firstname.lastname@example.org