Shopper Marketing Executive
Shopper Marketing Executive
Reports to: Shopper Marketing Manager
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Lead Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) customer & brand growth through strategic marketing activities targeting shoppers across their “Path to Purchase” touchpoints. This role is shopper insight driven working to unlock barriers and prompting triggers to purchase, positively influencing shopper behaviour, whilst also ensuring a strong return on investment with our customers.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Excellent Strategy & Execution
• Develop actionable shopper insights that drive behaviour and are placed at the heart of everything we do.
• Create a winning Shopper Marketing strategy, integrating the plan across the Path to Purchase touch points.
• Understand and define the shopper triggers and barriers to purchase to sharpen the key jobs to be done to deliver growth.
• Develop and execute transformative engagement at the point of purchase through best in class POS suite
• Implement the Shopper Marketing Plan with a ‘6 P’ approach
Creating Strategic partnerships with Key retailers
• Build strong “Go To” relationships with key retailer marketing and trading teams
• Expert on opportunities within Retailers to support their corporate marketing initiatives or opportunities to develop portfolio activity, driving sales of BCS brands.
• Develop proposals for specific Category driving Retailer Shopper Marketing Programmes with a focus on Consumer penetration of BCS brands.
• Understand the individual, customer requirements & complexities for activation.
• Ensure the Shopper Marketing plans are aligned to the brand objectives and customer priorities across the year.
• Lead in conjunction with Brand Building (consumer marketing teams) and CAMs to develop tailored shopper marketing plans for key customers.
• Managing collaborative creative agency relationships, through inspirational briefs, holding them accountable for deliverables and within budget.
• Work closely with Retail Execution & CAMs to ensure all in-store activations land successfully on time in full as planned.
• Full management of the Shopper Marketing Budget.
• Ensuring any SM plans have a positive return on investment and deliver tangible results with sales/penetration uplifts.
• Reviewing and analysing results (and the 6 P performance) with pre-set targets to identify which and where to spend our SM budget
• Leverages MCO (UK & Ireland team) and European team resource in driving simplification, strong relationships, cost savings and Best Practice
• Your Personal Power! At BCS we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Shopper Insights: Knowing shoppers and shopping behaviour and translating insight into actions.
• Experience of using AC Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby, Amia and Retail link
• Shopper Engagement: Working with agencies, customers, colleagues and experts
• Brand Building experience preferable
• Customer Marketing experience – presenting to customers preferable
• Experience with holding individuals to account, and managing several stakeholder relationships
• Creative entrepreneurial mindset
• Extensive interaction with the 6 P’s