Key Account Manager, Foodservice - Quebec
Job Title: Account Manager, Foodservice - Quebec
Location: Montreal Area
Reports to (role): Head of Sales, Foodservice Canada
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Job Purpose – We are currently seeking an Account Manager, Foodservice - Quebec. This position aims to penetrate the multi-unit chain restaurant (Limited Service & Full Service) and Independent Operator segments and promote sales with Broadline and Specialty Distributors. Success is realized by building and leveraging effective relationships with large chain operators, Independent Operators and distributors to maximize sales and distribution by:
• Strategically gaining new business prospects through cold calling activity in addition to maintaining existing customer relationships.
• Offer training and product selling approach for Menu-Development teams at chain operators emphasizing our products and their unique features and benefits.
• Promote and leverage current Distributor Relationships and Agreements/Programs.
• Manage and lead Broker Sales Reps and Network effectively to reach Sales Targets.
• Participate in negotiations, programs and promotions, to achieve our volume and margin objective’s.
Main Responsibilities –
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• New Business: Identify new customer and sales opportunities by prospecting, cold-calling, networking using established tools and industry sources. Manage and utilize Broker Sales Reps. Extensive knowledge and ability to utilize and leverage CRM’s are required.
• Customer Development/Training: Grow Upfield business at existing customers via SKU expansion and volume gains by performing new product introductions, training and developing relevant strategic partnerships.
• Customer Planning: Develop customer growth plans for assigned customers/segments through application of Upfield strategies and channel go to market guidelines.
• Customer Management: Manage and penetrate assigned customers/segments at all levels and develop relationships that enable achievement of plans and objectives and represent all company functions in all interactions with customers.
• Profitability: Own responsibility for the customer Marginal Contribution and Net/Net sales growth and effectively manage to accomplish assigned financial objectives.
• Trade Funds: Ensure promotional programs for assigned customers comply with approved trade fund spending levels and ensure compliance with Upfield financial standards.
• Selling: Prepare and deliver effective selling presentations that implement approved customer/segment plans.
• Negotiating: Always strive to improve customer performance through effective negotiating skills in all aspects of your customer’s business.
• Performance Tracking: Leverage management tools to analyze data on a variety of critical business drivers.
• Budgets: Effective management of T&E budget.
Key qualifications for this position include, but not limited to:
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or combination of relevant education and experience.
• 5+ Years of professional sales experience – Food Manufacturing necessary.
• Bilingual English/French
• Travel percentage: 25%. Willing and able to travel domestically in Canada.
• Channel/Segment Experience: Experience selling large Multi-Unit commercial chain operators (Limited Service & Full Service). Managing and promoting sales with distributor & GPO’s.
• Presentation Building Skills: Development of presentation documents drawing from all available sources.
• Negotiating Skills: The ability to achieve pre-planned results in a meeting or discussion by negotiating for those results with an individual or group.
• Training Skills: Ability to perform product training aimed to reinforce the attributes and benefits of the product portfolio.