At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This role will play a key part in building and strengthening engagement with external stakeholders to bring the Upfield Global Mission to life in North America, which encompasses the US and Canada, and to fulfill the growth ambition of the Company.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Affairs and Communications for North America, the PR Manager is responsible for helping to develop, drive and execute PR strategy for the Brands and the Category in-market. The PR Manager will use all the tools of public relations to deliver the growth goals of the Brands, uphold and broaden the Company’s reputation as a leader in the Category, fulfill its purpose and meet its business goals.
- Work with Marketing to develop and deliver Brand PR programs that are fully integrated with the Brand strategy and growth goals.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the Brand PR program as the direct liaison to Brand PR agencies, ensuring strategic and tactical coordination, exceptional PR program delivery and measurable results.
- Work with Upfield Professional Service (UPro) to develop and deliver a UPro PR program that is integrated with and facilitates Upfield’s ambitions to build and engage a chefs/ culinary/ trade network.
- Help build the NA media relations, stakeholder and influencer programs; identify and develop new relationships, strengthen existing key relationships, create and execute PR events, and handle inquiries. Work with the Marketing teams to develop and execute Brand influencer programs.
- Help advance and protect the reputation of Upfield as a Category leader, its Brands, and its business in the US and Canada through always-on issues management and crisis communications for NA. Includes creating content to respond to consumer inquiries.
- Manage PR reporting against Brand KPI’s and media activity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D, Legal, Scientific Affairs and Global Corporate Affairs and Communications to develop deep understanding of the business and Upfield’s growth goals to be able to deliver effective, measurable and coordinated PR programs.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with a PR agency with food industry or consumer product-related industry experience or an in-house PR team within a food or consumer products company.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regional market, traditional media and social media landscape, industry trends and current PR and Marketing communications tools (e.g., digital).
- Demonstrated experience with industry-relevant stakeholders, influencers and key media in market
- Identifies as a self-starter, an excellent communicator, and a curious, creative and confident individual who enjoys and thrives in a fast-moving, build-as-you-go world.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate, negotiate and collaborate cross-functionally at the local and global levels with uncompromising integrity and accountability.
- Ability to travel within US and Canada between 4 – 8 times a year.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!