Engineering Manager Packaging
Upfield is looking for highly experienced Engineering Manager Packaging, As a member in the Global Engineering organisation is responsible to lead the engineering design team to define and shape Upfield’s future proof, flexible and Sustainable product packaging equipment.
- Source and coordinate with key OEM suppliers and the design team the development of innovative packaging solutions to be in line with Upfield’s future looking Packaging strategy
- Develop together with the OEMs New Packaging Machinery Technology solutions in response to the Upfield strategy and assessing the fit/impact with current operations.
- Defining performance standards and criteria for the optimal operating framework of the equipment
- Support packaging community in agreed innovation projects facilitating the development of agreed standardised solutions when new machinery is required in line with Upfield’s packing technology roadmap
- Driving the machinery convergence program within agreed technology platforms including maintaining a database of best practice machinery, suppliers and packing hall configurations. Additionally, identifying areas of synergy and leveraging best practice and scale.
- Development of aligned packaging integration with pack machinery specifications to ensure compliance with the Upfield Quality standards for product and pack
- Generate capital estimate and feasibility studies, including timings, based on an understanding of conversion cost drivers and technologies including cost modelling of machine/material solutions
- Undertake technology supplier evaluations in support of defining the technology supply base including scouting for New Packaging technology which will provide competitive advantage for Upfield and be in line with its Sustainability objectives
- Develop understanding of the machine / material interfaces, ensuring optimum solutions are delivered allowing flexibility in Upfield’s supply chain network
- Be the link between the engineering design team and other functions in the organization to ensure a seamless introduction of consumer relevant and flexible packaging equipment solutions into the supply chain network
- Knowledge management of Utility equipment ensuring Best Practice, URS and standardisation in equipment is effectively documented and transferred across regions and factories. This should be completed via the development of “live” machinery specifications and technology transfer documents
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Ensures the projects are properly planned, executed safely, OTIF, strictly within budget and successfully handed over to the respective Sourcing Unit team
- Leads and develops the engineering talent within the organisation and region
- Builds durable relationships with preferred suppliers and contractors to ensure reliability and cost optimisation
- Leadership skills in Process Engineering with the ability to handle complex multi-site projects with values ranging from 0.5 – 20 ME
- Ensuring safety as our number 1 priority
- Managing conflicting project priorities and complexity while delivering a high rate of innovations
- E2E OTIF within budget of the agreed capital project portfolio whilst adhering to Upfield standards and Engineering excellence
- Cooperation with multi-disciplinary teams for the definition, planning and delivery of capital projects
- Contribute to the development of the Upfield Global Engineering Organisation, Capabilities, Resources and to the Delivery of its Global Vision
- Accountable for ensuring due diligence and compliance of the projects with the Upfield Engineering and QA standards as well as the application of specific local obligations and / or requirements
Outputs / performance Metrics
- Safety in Project Execution
- Strict Budget & Schedule adherence in delivery of projects
- Engineering Excellence and Quality standards
- Sustainability & savings impact
- Customer / Stakeholder Feedback
Standards of Leadership required
- Passion for Growth, Organizational Awareness, Developing Others, Holding People Accountable, Strategic Influencing
- 5+ Years in FMCG or related Industry
- Proven track record operating at a project manager level
- Fulfilled a variety of engineering and supply chain projects with track record of delivery
- Project engineering / management experience
- Leadership skills in Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-site projects
- Carrying the responsibility for project successes and providing strong direction for the teams
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexibility to travel intra- and inter-continentally
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-EA1