Microbiology and Analytical Manager
Microbiology and Analytical Manager
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
About the role
Provide microbiology expertise to ensure our products are safe by design and meet hygiene and quality standards.
- Microbiology Risk Expertise - this means advising R&D project teams on microbiological risks and mitigation. Developing and deploying predictive microbiology tools and challenge testing. Setting microbiological specifications for products, ingredients, packaging, processes, packaging and environmental standards (excluding hygienic design of equipment and cleaning). Defining protocols for microbiological validation of thermal processes and decontamination process (including aseptic filling and other packaging.) You will provide second-line support to microbiologists in our business and QA staff (troubleshooting, root-cause identification). You may commission and/or lead work involving third-party experts.
- Microbiology Technology - this means leading R&D projects in the area of preservation, fermentation, new microbial processes and ingredients. You may commission and/or lead work involving third-party experts.
- Develop microbiology capability - this means professional development of microbiologists in our business, and ensuring the relevant staff in R&D and operations (QA) have sufficient understanding to interpret the outcome of predictive modelling, challenge tests, to apply microbiological specifications and commission microbiological analysis and interpret results, and carry-out first-line troubleshooting (root cause identification). You may commission and/or lead work involving third-party experts.
- Additionally- you may be asked to advise or support incident management.
- As a senior manager, you will be responsible for proper management of resources including maintaining an accurate budget and finance forecast.
Skills and experience required
- Degree (higher degree preferred) in microbiology, analytical/organic chemistry.
- Experienced professional (minimum 7 years of relevant experience) who is used to make decisions and then lead the execution
- 3-5 years leading a microbiological/analytical laboratory, team leader.
- Understanding of current general analytical and microbiological methods, for fats and oils in particular
- Ability to interpret analytical data and provide advice to non-scientific clients.
- Good influencing and communication skills; ability to communicate scientific information to individuals from other disciplines or from non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams and in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills including ability to convey scientific subject matter in a simple manner
Interested in this role?
Then hit the apply button now! After the closing date the 17th of January our Recruiter will review your cv and if we see a fit we will set up a telephone interview first. Once we both agree to a fit we move to the first face to face interview.