Deduction Analyst Lead
Deduction Analyst Lead
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
The Upfield Canada Customer Development (CD) Group has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual to assume the role of Customer Development Deduction Analyst Lead, reporting to the Head of Customer Category Development.
The CD Deduction Analyst Lead will be responsible for validating customer deductions in compliance with Upfield corporate policies and procedures. Working closely with the Customer Teams, the position has significant impact on key performance measurements, including 30 days of aged deductions and sales related cash balance through actual spend vs. planned management.
- Day to day deduction management including sorting and validating trade deductions on key accounts (Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart).
- Validating, tracking and maintaining records on deductions, with all documentation and filing complete to meet audit compliance.
- Pursue invalid deductions for repayment from customers.
- To be key figure in TPM implementation and to be aware of SAP S4 Hanna implications from systems interaction.
- Identification of process, or system simplification opportunities to reduce complexity – opportunity to think outside the box and bring forward ideas.
- Constant communication with 3-rd party, Cap Gemini team, in reinforcing the KPIs and ensuring they follow Upfield policies.
- Timely reflection (within 30 days of receipt of the deduction) on the trade spend in TPM to allow KAM team current view of trade spend.
- Working with the Key Account Managers to ensure events are planned properly in order to facilitate the deduction clearing.
- Prepare weekly deduction report and lead weekly deduction meetings with CG team and executives.
- Communication with external customers to solicit supporting documentation for deductions.
- Ability to improve capabilities, processes.
We seek an energetic team player who is adaptable while possessing strong leadership, analytical, communication, problem solving, strategic influencing, time management and technical skills.
- University degree preferred, Business, Accounting or Finance degree ideal.
- 3+ years Accounting/Finance experience required; CPG experience preferred.
- Self-driven and able to operate with little management oversight.
- System expertise with S4/SAP or another business ERP (Oracle, JDE).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in a windows environment required.
- Passion for cross-functional involvement (close relationship with Supply Chain team).
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!