New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The HR Specialist will execute the full HR agenda for the manufacturing unit, ensuring a seamless delivery of operational services and solutions. This is a hands-on role which supports and coaches line managers on all HR related tasks while delivering the long-term HR strategy which includes leadership development, performance management, employee management, and talent/skills development.
The HR Specialist will participate in ensuring that Upfield HR processes for recruitment and hiring, payroll and benefits, labor relations and CBA administration, and performance management are effectively implemented and executed.
This position will require the flexibility to support the organization on a rotational weekend schedule.
- Develop effective relationships across the organization and champion positive employee engagement. Function as an “advocate” for employees at all levels of the organization. Serve as a resource to employees related to employment activities, processes, policies, HRIS, etc. Provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding employee practices, performance improvement policies and employment laws. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all key HR Tools, systems and processes.
- Act as first point of contact for hourly employees. Responsible for employee relations issues, policy and contract interpretation, local employee advocacy, and ensuring Upfield’s high standard of integrity while balancing employee and manager customer service.
- Support highly confidential cases and projects related to employee relation issues including investigations, facilitating disciplinary meetings, and providing consultative advice. This includes building relationships with management and employees, conducting and documenting investigative interviews and case conversations.
- Manage daily Labor Relations including grievance meetings, partnering with Union Leadership, and ensuring compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Supports the delivery and compliance with Upfield HR policies, processes, and local employment legislation for employees. Participate with the development and implementation of new HR related policies and procedures.
- Own Benefits delivery and administration of all transactions not provided by third party. Manage escalation of HR issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process for both internal and external hires, ensuring compliance with all applicable contractual, legal, and policy-related requirements. Post jobs, source and screen candidates, and participate in interviews with hiring managers and others, as appropriate. Coordinate the pre-employment processes, including preparing offer recommendations, extending job offers, and facilitating pre-employment drug and background screens. Provide feedback to hiring team, as appropriate.
- Own Employee Onboarding – lead and facilitate all onboarding efforts for exempt and non-exempt team members. Maintain and update onboarding documents and processes as needed.
- Act as payroll back-up including various duties necessary for the overall Time and Attendance (T&A) system administration.
- Partner with HR Manager to develop appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic environment and develop / implement appropriate change management plans as required.
- Maintain, coordinate, monitor and report HR trends and issues within scope of work.
- Maintain personnel files, including storage and maintenance of key documents in electronic format.
You motivate and drive improvement in a union environment through strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Human Resources, or related field ideal.
- Solid experience in HR operations with a minimum of 5+ years. Background includes experience with performance management, employee relations, recruitment, general benefits, employee coaching, and payroll.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
- Familiarity with national and local legislation.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
- Experience navigating/using an HRIS system, such as SuccessFactors, and Payroll Platform, such as Ceridian preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or working environment with hourly employees & Union environment preferred.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!