Technology and Innovation Manager
Technology & Innovation Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Becel, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. We work in Insurgent Culture with a talented and hungry team, demonstrating Unconditional Delivery Mindset each day. We act like owners, pick up the phone & get it done!
The Technology and Innovation Manager we are looking for leads the team that delivers product implementations and modifications in the factory. You are the linking pin between the factory in Rotterdam and the different involved departments like Quality and R&D. Also, you are in close contact with other factories to share best practices and innovations. As T&I Manager, you are the first point of contact in the factory for the business with respect to innovations and you provide support to other factory teams such as Engineering, Quality and Operations by providing technological expertise.
- Ensures the timely implementation of new products & changes to products and packaging end to end within the factory;
- Manages a team of T&I Officers;
- Connecting the dots cross-functionally (closely working with R&D and factory colleagues);
- Responsible for trials and internal factory alignment on product and packaging;
- Responsible for early product management which includes QA, product safety, planning and data co-ordination;
- Responsible for assessing supply chain impact on innovation input for business cases;
- Troubleshooter with respect to product, process and packaging performance.
Experience and Competencies
- University degree in Food Science/Engineering or other related field;
- Technical background with experience in a Food Manufacturing/FMCG company, experience in R&D/ Engineering/ Quality is an advantage;
- Ability to independently lead a small team and coordinate Projects with several stakeholders;
- Strong technical affinity and ability to understand and optimize processes;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast moving environment;
- Good negotiation and social skills;
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Dutch and English.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!