Financial Controller – West Africa
Job Title: Financial Controller – West Africa
Location: Tema, Ghana
Reports to (role): Chief Financial Officer - Africa
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
Purpose of role
The West Africa Market Financial Controller is an active member of the Market Finance Leadership team reporting to the Chief Finance Officer - Africa, who provides the foundation for the Markets commercial success by overseeing and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The role set the standard for the teams in terms of reporting requirements and processes. The role is a hands-on approach to working with the department heads, with the end goal of ensuring transparency and financial accountability across the entire market organization. The role is the gatekeeper of all historical financial information and it provide the platform on which key financial decisions are made, delivering prompt performance insights and capital forecasts to help us stay ahead of the competition. The role is also responsible for ensuring that the company meets all legal and ethical requirements during its business operations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure high quality accounting and compliance by managing the entire controls environment and developing this in line with internal and external regulations.
- Responsible for a sharp month end close and development of strong management reporting tools.
- Oversee Balance Sheet and AP process, reviewing the pay run and ensuring correct governance is always followed.
- Prepare year end audit files for review by external auditors.
- Ensure insurance policies are in place.
- Responsible from General Ledger Accounting, work closely with global process owners and ensure all financial accounting activities of RTR process are executed effectively and efficiently with appropriate controls and end to end view
- Manage Month End Close, Accruals, Employee Related Adjustments, Prepayments, Fixed Assets accounting and reporting and the overall RTR Controls framework across the enterprise
- Process compliance: with all relevant legislation and company procedures (GL, Treasury, P2P)
- Primary contact point for external auditors in guidance of Financial Accounting & Reporting.
- Close alliance with Tax planning, compliance, analysis, P2P support in the Tax area, reporting
- General Accounting: JE preparation/posting, allocations, intercompany reconciliations, deferred revenue, accruals/pre-payments, prepaid expenses, intangibles, reporting and account analysis
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with financial regulations both locally and required for IFRS and Upfield control standards through Control Self-Assessment and inform relevant Leadership team in breach of any key controls
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with local tax and fiduciary submissions
- Professional accounting qualification. Audit experience preferred
- Essential to have experience working in or auditing FMCG companies.
- Strong analytical approach with the ability to balance this with a pragmatic style, to engage with all.
- Solutions-focused mindset, i.e. able to build credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Prepared to challenge administrative processes currently in place to optimize efficiencies, then overcome objections and see-through plans.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal