Head of Market Planning
This position is a key role on the USA Supply Chain team, leading an 8 person planning team.
You'll be responsible for creating the conditions to achieve our planning goals (i.e., customer service, stock level, material and finished products waste and forecast accuracy).
In this role, you will be at a pivot position working both with Commercial and marketing stakeholders through the S&OP process and the innovation process and with the procurement, manufacturing and logistics teams ensuring that the end to end operation is cost effective while ensuring the service required.
So what do you do?
- Your team is divided in 3 branches.
- Demand planning – this team gathers all assumptions necessary to establishing a sound forecast in the short and the mid and long term. As a result, this team has close relationships with key account managers and brand managers who develop brand and customer plans.
- Portfolio and innovation – this role is in charge of supporting the introduction of new products into the operation, validating feasibility & time to market of an idea/recommending cost effective approaches, and ensuring the coordination of the operations activities leading to having the first product ready for sale in a warehouse, from packaging design to product master data completion.
- Supply planning – this team determines the supply plan from the weekly scale to the yearly plan, including production requirements, logistics deployment, and components requirements. This team needs to respond quickly to changing demand, product innovation, and overall components supply fluctuations while ensuring service and minimizing obsoletes.
- On the mid and long term, the team established the capacity plan for manufacturing, which includes identifying needs for capacity expansion or for capacity resets.
- The team works with the procurement team to ensure supply security on key components. It validates capacity on the midterm and identifies risks and priorities for the long term. It also works directly with Third party repackers that are consistently or sporadically engaged to support specific SKUs/ activities.
- The team also provides the necessary data for the logistics team to assess logistics network sufficiency and enable its optimization.
- On the short term, a group in the supply team, is in charge of creating and monitoring the execution of the production plan on a weekly basis, ensuring material call-offs (just -in time deliveries), effective production sequencing, and adjustments to unplanned events (working with the mid term planner to ensure adequate prioritization).
- Link with Marketing Sales Organizations on forecast accuracy and bias, service achievement and country inventory levels.
- Manufacturing Leaders to optimize production sequences, labour utilization and minimize business waste.
- Global colleagues in planning and IT for continuous development of our processes systems and planning skills.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Extensive Planning experience in FMCG planning; gained from operational roles in your career
- Preferably exposure to world-class planning design and implementation
- Preferably having led or at least taken a major role in the S&OP process
- Managerial experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Accurate and structured way of working
- Strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor/ Master degree in engineering or equivalent
- Solid SAP (e.g., APO IBP) experience
- Extensive MS Office (e.g., Excel) experience
- Excellent communicative and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.