Senior Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager – NL & Belgium
About the Role!
As a Marketing Manager at Upfield you will be the driving force behind delighting our consumers with our natural healthy plant-based products and ensuring that everyone is talking about them!
Working with the Head of Marketing for the BeNeFra cluster, you will be responsible for the strategy, brand plans and P&L of multiple brands across Netherlands and Belgium. This role will also take on the global lead for ProActiv, using the BeNeFra cluster to be best practise within the ProActiv communities as well as key coordination and collaboration across key markets for ProActiv globally.
You have your finger on the pulse of your consumers. You read what they read and where they read it, eat what they eat, immerse yourself in their digital habits and attitudes. You are grounded in their world and reality and are excited to bring products and brand experiences to their world using all media channels with an emphasis on digital alongside instore and activations that are relevant, timely and engaging.
Operational excellence comes easily to you – you are just as comfortable discussing the latest forecast by sku with the operations manager as you are having a creative discussion with your brand team on the latest digital campaign. You love numbers and know and understand the patterns in data to bring insight to the table. In fact you are completely absorbed with analysing all data points and instigate an INSURGENT approach to consumer tests to find the sweet spot, to make our brands fly. You can think long term brand strategy and vision but also work on short term turnarounds to land the quarter and the profit targets.
You are experienced in working in an international environment and have a good balance of strategic thinking and driving flawless execution in market. Collaboration to bring the very best result is in your nature – it is about getting the win for Upfield and our Consumer.
Positivity is in your DNA – high/focused energy drives you and ignites those around you to do great things. Let’s face it, you’re a bit of a magnet for talent and team work…
- You lead your Brand strategy & strategic portfolio management - drafting of yearly strategic category & brand marketing plans incl 4Ps
- Own the performance for your brand -own every element of your brand from the equity, strategy, performance and profitability (full P&L management)
- Global lead coordination for ProActiv as a global brand whilst still ensuring you drive ProActiv plans and growth in NL and Belgium.
- Inspire your brand team to bring Upfield brands closer to their priority audiences by designing, developing and delivering effective digitally focused marketing plans powered by real-time data
- Challenge the teams to create game changing brand experiences that bring the consumer into our brands and deliver loyalty and commitment
- You and your team own in-market execution and activation of the brand in all channels
- Into the data zone – you love to work with the operations team to dig into the data and uncover the insight jewels and then translate those insights into actions.
- Leading a team which loves landing brilliant execution in digital, PR, activations and in-store – drive our brand awareness via owned and earned channels
- Work to raise brand awareness/maintain image and ensure best in class across your market/Brand(s) with integrated sales & marketing plans, tools and creative assets.
- Leads Risks & Ops roadmap based on market (incl competition) monitoring & analysis market and competitor performance/activities to inform long term forecasting decisions through concrete assumptions.
- Work with Sales as one team – listen and learn continuously to improve our mix and impact in market.
- Champion consumer insights throughout the organization to ensure sustainable growth of the business and optimal brands’ equity.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Build a fit-for-purpose team with necessary skillsets; creative briefs and manage internal stakeholders (Hot House) agencies as required
- Support Ops Team to establish Upfield’s test and learn’ approach to decision making in market
- Develop creative concepts and ‘big ideas’; working with creative production teams, plan and design creative assets used for tests and campaigns; build on test learnings to improve ideas before scaling
- Craft the innovation / renovation roadmap and work with Marketing Ops team who lead the management of this roadmap with R&D
- Work alongside Ops team and S&OP team to understand brand forecast and where gaps or opportunities exist and then brief these into your team to action
- Assess media performance, extracting learnings from tests to deliver highest impact campaigns
- Be informed on factors that impact product availability and marketing effectiveness: stock, cost, category perception etc. with local data access; make decisions to adjust as needed
Key skills / behaviours
- A deep consumer focus, taking an audience led approach, translating insights into marketing and activation activity
- Has a strong creative eye with the ability to articulate briefs and provide feedback with impact
- Can work in an agile, test and learn, iterative manner as part of cross functional rapid response teams
- A proven track record in delivering brand growth and managing a holistic brand P&L: strategic outlook to define brand targets, sales mix, margin levers and contribution
- A driver of collaboration, can lead a cross-functional team internally, delegate effectively and influence across levels to make things happen
- A creative problem solver who can find solutions for business challenges and ensure internal barriers do not get in the way of external success
- Regularly challenge your own assumptions and those of your team to improve our work
- Thrive on ‘making things happen’ and seeing ideas through to action
- Hands-on experience in bringing your brand to life with consumers to drive demand through digital media channels (paid search, social, programmatic) and analog, with audience targeting approaches and using wide range of insights to continually refine the strategy
- Global brand experience given the ProActiv global lead integrated into this role
- Fluent verbal Dutch and English language are required for this role
- Cross country/continent experience is a plus as this is a NL + Belgium cluster role
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters - apply now!