Key Account Manager - Natural & Specialty
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of business results and the development of sustained business relationships across the Distributor Network, Brokerage Team, and Key Indirect Accounts. The scope of the role includes the management of Upfield’s full plant-based portfolio with a primary focus on the expansion of Violife as a master brand across the Natural/Specialty Sales Channel.
This is a strategic role with exposure to the world’s leading natural grocers including the likes of Whole Foods, Sprouts Farmers Market, and Trader Joe’s to name a few.
The KAM will report into the Team Lead for Natural, Specialty, & Developing Channels and be responsible for delivering results with support from cross-functional resources in Category Management, Supply Chain and Shopper Marketing.
- Lead Strategic Partnerships across the Distribution Network & Key Natural-Specialty Indirect Accounts
- Manage Broker Relationship to Maximize Sales Potential
- Execute Annual Growth Objectives and KPI’s
- Maintain Sales Planning Tools: Promotional Calendars, Deductions, New Item Set Up, Inventory Management etc.
- Develop Action Plan to Expand Distribution Across Independent Accounts
- Support Team Lead and Developing Channels Team with Key Sales Performance Insights, Category Trends, & Competitive Landscape Updates
You have a passion for Emerging Brands and Natural Grocers.
Your Minimum Requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of Distributor Network and Go-to-Market Strategy: UNFI & KeHE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data Sources: Nielsen, IRI, SPINS
- Aptitude to Learn Internal and External Sales Planning Systems: G.O.R.P, Ix-One, Exceedra etc.
- Capacity to Develop & Execute Annual Sales Plan
- Proven Track Record Establishing New Relationships
- Ability to Work Independently as well as with a Team
- Preferred Broker Management Experience: Advantage Solutions
- Travel 5-20%: Customer Meetings, Trade Shows, Market Tours
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Country Crock, Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and Violife that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.