Senior Brand Activation Manager - Violife Northern Europe
About the Role
This is a senior role for a skilled and experienced marketer with the ability to interpret a global brand strategy, shape to be relevant locally and execute successfully in some of the most challenging retail markets in the world. We need someone particularly proficient and passionate about activating an exciting and growing brand in the local market, driving differentiation and standout in what is a very competitive and noisy environment. We need someone with experience working with challenger brands – but able to manage and navigate the demands of a business with true global scale.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director Northern Europe, the Brand Activation Manager Violife Northern Europe is a core member of the Northern Europe Marketing Leadership Team and will play a key role within the wider international Violife marketing community. This role will also have a dotted line into the Head of Violife Northern Europe and will work together with them on all strategic plans. You will have responsibility for the brand across UK & Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark, markets with very different category and brand performance and very specific challenges. This role will also have a Junior Brand Activation Manager, based in the Nordics, reporting into them to help support in the implementation of the brand across the complex and diverse region.
The scope of the role includes designing, leading and implementing the in-year and 2+ year local plan for Violife in Northern Europe, specifically focusing on in-market communications (digital is overly important), promotional activation and implementation of innovation and renovation. In addition to the above elements, this is a role where we need you to blow the doors off in front of the customer. We have incredibly exciting, fast-moving plans – we are truly driving change. We need the right person to bring these plans to life in one of the most dynamic retail environments. A detailed knowledge of and connection to the UKI retail landscape is critical as well as the inquisitiveness to quickly immerse themselves in the nuances of retail in the Nordics. We want a true passion and knowledge of food marketing - and the communication skills to excite our customers about our plans.
Main requirements & accountabilities
- Create and execute a world class marketing strategy – that draws strength from our global experts based in Greece, but aligns closely with the plans of retail channels in UKI and Nordics
- Strong knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and respond to Nielsen, Kantar and retailer data platforms including SIP and Dunnhumby
- Preparation of creative briefs for all partner agencies – including PR, activation and media partners. The includes production, tracking and assessment of a powerful 360 media plan
- Creation and execution of dynamic and differentiated promotional activations, setting us apart from our competitive set in a challenging retail environment
- Implementation of all Northern Europe innovation projects – moving ideas from inception to execution through our internal gate process
- Representation of key marketing projects including ROI to senior stakeholders including global CEO, Chief Growth Officer Violife, and other functional directors
- UKI and Nordics retailers and high street foodservice brands
- Violife central team based in Greece
- Global Violife marketing community
- Northern Europe sales teams
- Retail and Food Service Marketing teams
- Technical / QA team
- Media agencies
Key skills & experience
- Qualified to degree level in appropriate discipline
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in food / FMCG marketing
- Experience managing, and delivering ROI on a substantial seven figure marketing budget
- Experience creating, deploying and demonstrating ROI on a full 360 media plan including TV
- Relevant industry connections to support implementation of our Marketing plans
- A self-starter, knows what needs to be done and how to make it happen at pace
How to apply!
Please apply below, or if you have additional questions just send me a WhatsApp message using (+31 611922716). I understand your resume might not be up to date, just send me what you have.
Bakr Haltout Rhouni, Talent Acquisition Specialist
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We have the hybrid working model and we are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.